Somerset County operates three separate SCOOT shuttles. SCOOT R1 and SCOOT R2 provide transportation to and from Bound Brook, Bridgewater, Hillsborough, Manville and Somerville. SCOOT Peak provides transportation to and from Hillsborough, Manville, Somerville, Bridgewater and Bedminster.
- The bus operates Monday through Friday only.
- SCOOT is public transportation and anyone is eligible to use it.
- Drivers cannot make unscheduled route changes.
- The fare is $2.00 for a one-way ride; drivers cannot make change, exact change is required
- Children age 5 and under ride free if accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets are available in advance, at face value, from the driver or by calling 908-231-7151.
- All buses are accessible.
- Drivers will assist customers who may need assistance getting on or off the bus.
- Bus route is subject to change due to weather conditions, roadway construction or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Route deviation service is available where conditions allow. One deviation per trip will be allowed.
- Riders needing route deviation must call 908-231-7151 24-hours in advance.
- Somerset County Transportation reserves the right to authorize appropriate route deviation requests, subject to local regulations.
- Service animals, respirators and portable oxygen tanks are permissible.
SCOOT R1 and R2 will not operate on the following holidays:
New Year's Day