Safely Commute By Bike
Bicycling can be an excellent and healthier alternative to sitting in traffic.
The "Safely Commute By Bike" seminar is designed to assist businesses that want to promote cycling within the organization and help employees who want to commute by bike, and it's free!
The seminar, available to any worksite or organization is Somerset County, runs about an hour and is taught by a local resident who commutes by bike and is also an LCI instructor through the League of American Bicyclists.
Seminar topics include:
- ABC quick check - what you should do every time you get on your bike
- Rules of the road - following traffic signs and signals
- What to wear - options for comfort and convenience
- Planning your ride - what to pack on your bike/in a back pack
- How to fix a flat - or what to do if you get a flat
- Riding safely on main road
For more information or to schedule a safety seminar, contact Linda Rapacki