Part of a municipality looking to help your community kickstart the transition to electric vehicles? Connect with our electric vehicle resources for municipalities. This list contains information and funding sources from local utilities and government incentive programs.
- NJ’s It Pay$ to Plug In Program provides grants to offset the cost of purchasing and maintaining electric vehicle charging stations.
- Workplaces, public places, multi-unit dwellings, corridors, communities, and eMobility service providers can apply for grants of up to $4000 per Level 2 charging port or $750 per Level 1 charging port.
- The NJ Clean Fleet EV incentive program offers grants for local and state governments of $4000 toward the purchases of up to 2 EVs and $1500 toward purchase of a dual-port Level 2 charging station.
- Local utility providers also offer additional incentives for charger installations. Somerset County is primarily serviced by PSE&G or JCP&L. You can apply for incentives directly through either the PSE&G website or the JCP&L website depending on who provides your electrical service.
- NJTPA provides resources and data for local governments, businesses, and advocates on how to navigate the EV transition and increase adoption.
To learn more and connect with other EV enthusiasts, join our EV Coalition, Let’s Go Electric.
*The NJ ChargeUp $4000 rebate on new or used EVs is suspended as of April 18th, 2023 for the remainder of the fiscal year.