RideWise Inc., a non-profit organization located in Bridgewater, is hiring a part-time Program Associate. This person will provide support for a variety of marketing, education and outreach functions aimed at expanding the agency’s programming.
RideWise works with schools, worksites, nonprofits and communities to provide information on environmentally friendly transportation. We connect our partners to the smartest ways to navigate Somerset County while helping them reduce their carbon footprint.
The program associate will assist team members with research, development, data collection, presentations and event coordination for programs that are focused on bicycle/pedestrian safety, environmental education, community mobility and business development.
The ideal candidate:
The person who joins our team will be reliable, self-motivated, computer savvy, and eager to learn. 1-2 years of relevant work experience in marketing, education, or community outreach is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
- Assisting with in-school and to-school walking and cycling events
- Helping with walkability/bikeability audits for towns and schools
- Gathering data for pedestrian safety campaigns, school travel plans, and speed studies
- Conducting field work and collecting data to evaluate transit services
- Interpreting/translating information for Spanish speaking residents
- Assisting with researching and developing new programming options
- Assisting with community/corporate events to educate the community about RideWise
- Spanish speaking
- Associate’s degree
- Familiarity with Somerset County area
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Background check and fingerprinting will be required
- Flexibility to work early mornings, nights and weekends when needed
- Prior nonprofit experience – a plus
360 Grove Street, Bridgewater, NJ
This is a part-time, hourly opportunity, 20-22 hours per week, $18-$20 per hour.
Hours are flexible but must be during regular office hours, 8:30-5:00 p.m., Mon-Fri.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Resumes that are submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Only applicants meeting the position requirements will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.