RideWise Inc., a Bridgewater-based nonprofit organization connecting people to safe and sustainable travel options, is hiring a full-time Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships Specialist. The new hire will develop relationships with essential worksites, municipal government, schools, and nonprofit organizations to create initiatives that address transportation issues and needs.
The ideal candidate:
The person who joins our small team of smart, creative professionals must be flexible, reliable, and self-motivated with a passion for environmental sustainability, community health and wellness, and safety. The ideal candidate must be a creative problem solver with demonstrated business development, client services, or marketing skills. The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to successfully establish and maintain relationships with decision-makers, and solid project management skills. Possession of a vehicle and a valid driver’s license is required as the position involves travel to meetings throughout Somerset County.
- Develop an outreach strategy in close collaboration with the Executive Director
- Identify, solicit and close new partnership opportunities for programming
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data and metrics for program development
- Coordinate project activities, timelines, and milestones
- Participate in networking events and conduct prospect research for new leads
- Deliver compelling presentations (in person or virtual) to partners
- Recognize partners by coordinating an annual recognition event
- Achieve specific and measurable grant-related performance outcomes
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director
The candidate we hire must be able to:
- Work outside of regular office hours when required
- Travel to Somerset County as required for in-person meetings and events (requires a reliable vehicle and driver’s license)
- Successfully pass a background check
- Lift 30 lbs for event set-up and break down (table, chairs, tent, banners, brochures)
- The ability to speak and write Spanish is preferred but not required
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Demonstrated ability to be entrepreneurial and innovative
- Outstanding communications and presentation skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong computer skills – MS Office, Outlook
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 commensurate with experience.
- Health, dental, eye, and life insurance (employer pays 85%)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid vacation/sick time
- Hybrid/flexible schedule as programming allows
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Donna Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies, please.
RideWise requires all new hires to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
RideWise is Somerset County’s go-to partner for information on environmentally-friendly travel options. The agency serves as a navigator, educator, and resource by connecting residents and workers to smarter ways to travel that reduce emissions. Visit us at www.ridewise.org