Love to Ride Somerset Challenge
Thank you to everyone who joined us for Love to Ride Somerset last month! 60 people, 12 organizations, and 9 new riders used their pedal power in June. Altogether you biked 8,257 miles, burned 305,527 calories and saved 91 pounds of CO2! We know you’ve been waiting patiently for the final results of the Challenge, and here they are!:
- 500 – 1999 staff: Ethicon-Somerville with 994 points
- 200-499 staff: Somerset County Library System with 1,708 points
- 50-199 staff: Borough of Somerville with 1,344 points
And a shout out to some of our top riders!:
- Top Rider, Joseph Kempe (Most Points, Most Trips and Top Encourager)
- Top Male Rider, Joe Ray (Most Miles)
- Top Female Rider, Margarita Ketselman (Most Miles)
- Most Rides with Kids: Douglas Myhre
It doesn’t end here. You can use the Love to Ride website to track your progress and set goals all year-round, and if you have a story that might help motivate or support others to get out and ride you can share it on Facebook and/or Twitter and tag us, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or share it on Love to Ride.
Thanks again, and Let’s Keep Riding!
Check out this video from Yvonne from the Somerset County Library System NJ (SCLSNJ), showing us how she rides!
The SCLSNJ has also compiled resources for those looking to get on their bike and join the challenge. To view the resources, click here.
You Ride. We Give.
In May, RideWise partnered with our fellow TMAs Keep Middlesex Moving and Greater Mercer TMA on You Ride, We Give during National Bike Month. For each pledge to ride your bike that we received, we made a donation to Somerset County food banks. Participating cyclists helped raise $1,000 which is being distributed to the following food banks:
- Food Bank Network of Somerset County
- Salvation Army Bound Brook
- St. Bernards Episcopal Church (food pantry)
- Franklin Food Bank
- Hillsborough Township CAN Food Pantry
- Feeding Hands
- Peapack Reformed Church (food pantry)
- Little Free Food Pantry (Somerville YMCA)
- Zarephath Church Food Pantry
Thank you for riding with us for a cause!
**BEFORE YOU ENGAGE IN THIS ACTIVITY, PLEASE REVIEW AND FOLLOW GUIDANCE PROVIDED BY THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) AND THE PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT WHERE YOU LIVE TO ENSURE YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY.