Thank you to everyone who joined us for Love to Ride Somerset last month! 60 people, 12 organizations, and 9 new riders used their pedal power in June. Altogether you biked 8,257 miles, burned 305,527 calories (the equivalent of about 600 bars of dark chocolate!) and saved 91 pounds of CO2! We know you’ve been waiting patiently for the final results of the Challenge, and here they are:
- 500 – 1999 staff: Ethicon-Somerville with 994 points
- 200-499 staff: Somerset County Library System with 1,708 points
- 50-199 staff: Borough of Somerville with 1,344 points
- Top Rider: Joseph Kempe (Most Points, Most Trips and Top Encourager)
- Top Male Ride:, Joe Ray (Most Miles)
- Top Female Rider: Margarita Ketselman (Most Miles)
- Most Rides with Kids: Douglas Myhre
We’d also like to mention some of our favorite moments from Love to Ride Somerset:
Most Creative Pet Ride:
We loved seeing how Yvonne from the Somerset County Library System (SCLSNJ) rides with her cat, Sean. What a creative way to include a pet while biking! The SCLSNJ also has resources for those looking to get on their bike. Thank you for encouraging others to ride, Yvonne!
There are so many reasons to ride a bike! Here were some of the reasons our Love To Ride Somerset participants ride:
- Zoltan N. says, “I ride because they still haven’t made travel by personal jetpack feasible yet.”
- Ashley S. from the Somerset County Library System says “I ride because I like the journey. ”
- Beth P. from Ethicon – Somerville rides “because it’s fun, gets me outside, it’s challenging and keeps me in shape. ”
Most “High-Fived” Photo:
Congratulations to Carina Gonzalez for having the most “high-fived” photo! Other Love to Ride Somerset participants can show their support by “high-fiving” others’ photos and activity, and Carina Gonzalez’s photo received the most – 10 high fives!
It doesn’t end here. You can use the Love to Ride website to track your progress and set goals all year-round, and if you have a story that might help motivate or support others to get out and ride you can share it on Facebook and/or Twitter and tag us, email email@example.com, or share it on Love to Ride.