Complete Streets is a public policy that enables municipalities to create safer, more accessible streets for all users.
Complete Streets make it easy to cross the street, walk to shops and bicycle to work. Municipalities or counties choose to adopt Complete Streets policies when residents feel unwilling or unable to use existing transportation options because they are unsafe or inaccessible. RideWise helps local communities develop Complete Streets policies that best serve the community and its residents.
Who benefits from Complete Streets?
- Municipalities – enhances livability and walkability
- Pedestrians – increases access and reduces traffic
- Bicyclists – reduces conflict with vehicles
- Transit Riders – increases transit usage when stops are comfortable and accessible
- Children – play safely in a neighborhood
- Senior citizens – walk to nearby destinations and age in place
- Persons with disabilities – travel safely and independently
How can RideWise help?
- By presenting information at municipal meetings
- By providing Complete Streets policy examples and templates
- By assisting in drafting a Complete Streets policy
- By providing guidance and examples on best practices in Complete Streets design