RideWise is celebrating biking in September and October with Ride & Seek! We encourage you to enjoy safe and fun bike riding and visit the many beautiful parks and recreational sites Somerset County has to offer. Let us know about a special landmark in your community, or explore some of the 10 we’re highlighting around the county!
Share your Ride & Seek journey (photos with your bike and the landmark when possible and safe, please) on social media at @RideWiseTMA on Facebook, @RideWise on Twitter and @ridewisetma on Instagram. Or, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first to visit all 10 sites and share their photos will receive a $25 gift card!
Below are the 10 landmarks we’ve highlighted throughout the county. You can check off the sites on our Ride & Seek card, or send us pictures of some favorite sites of your own! Happy riding!
- 9/11 Memorial Clock, Somerville
- Jacobus Vanderveer House, Bedminster
- Rockingham, Kingston
- Chimney Rock Hawk Watch, Martinsville
- D & R Canal: Griggstown Mule Tenders Barracks, Franklin Twp
- D & R Canal: Queens Bridge at Battle of Bound Brook plaque, Bound Brook & South Bound Brook
- Raritan River Greenway/Duke Island Park, Bridgewater
- 600+ year old White Oak stump, Basking Ridge
- Washington Rock State Park, Green Brook Twp.
- Finderne Wetlands, Bridgewater / Manville*
*For directions to the Finderne Wetlands, please click here. Finding them is part of the adventure!