RideWise Inc., an independent non-profit organization that connects people and businesses to safe and sustainable travel options, is hiring a Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Manager. We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated by our mission and who demonstrates a passion for teaching and promoting cycling and pedestrian safety. This person will plan and implement a wide range of marketing, educational and outreach initiatives aimed at expanding the agency’s bicycle/pedestrian programming and participation within schools and in the community.
The ideal candidate:
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with excellent writing and presentation skills. He/she must effectively interact with all levels of school, municipal and community leaders. He/she must have the ability and qualifications to lead cycling and walking events in-class, on-bike, and within the community.
- Plan and host community educational activities and events that promote and encourage bicycling and walking (Bike Smart, Bike to Work. Bike Month).
- Organize in-school and to-school walking and cycling events and education (bike trains, walking school buses, safety towns, Bike & Walk to School Day) that encourage students to walk and bike to school.
- Conduct walkability/bikeability assessments for municipalities and schools; prepare school travel plans.
- Provide detailed, written reports (monthly, quarterly) on all bicycling and walking activities.
- Aid in program research and evaluation as needed; conduct field work and collect data to evaluate programming.
- Work with executive director to create an annual work program for bicycle and pedestrian programming.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, education or transportation planning
- Must possess a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Must undergo a background check and fingerprinting
- Flexibility to work early mornings, nights and weekends
Preferred skills & experience
– Excellent data analysis skills; the ability to translate data into uncomplicated terms
– Very strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
– Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision and tight deadlines
– Ability to achieve specific and measurable grant-related performance outcomes
– Prior nonprofit experience
– Familiarity with Somerset County area
– Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Salary – $20-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time opportunity. Benefits include health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, and paid vacation and sick time off. Qualified applicants are to submit a cover letter and resume to Donna Allison at email@example.com.
Resumes that are submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Only applicants meeting the position requirements will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
RideWise is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Bridgewater, New Jersey that promotes efficient and sustainable travel options like public transit, ridesharing, biking and walking. The agency partners with businesses, municipalities, schools, communities and nonprofit agencies to address a variety of mobility issues. Our vision is that Somerset County will have a seamless network of transportation choices that are available to everyone.