Enter RideWise’s Safety Video Contest!
Winners will receive $100 gift cards!
Hey students! How much do you know about bicycle, pedestrian or driving safety? Do you know enough to win one of six $100 gift cards? If so, then create a short video showing us!
If yours is one of the winning entries, not only will you win a gift card, we’ll feature your video on our TikTok and Instagram pages!
Open to middle school and high school students in Somerset County*, New Jersey. There will be 6 winners, one high school student and one middle school student per category, each winning a $100 Visa Gift Card.
*Montgomery not included, as Montgomery falls outside of RideWise’s service area. For programs specific to Montgomery, please visit https://gmtma.org/
The period between Memorial Day and Labor Day is known as the “100 Deadliest Days of Summer,” when deadly car crashes involving teens are most likely. During these months, over 7,000 people died nationwide in teen-related crashes (from 2010–2019). Practicing safety on the road – whether in a car, on a bike, or on foot – is the #1 way to protect yourself, including after the summer.
To enter the contest, pick one of the topics from the three categories below and film a video that is 30-60 seconds long. (For example, you could film one video on crossing at crosswalks from the Walking Safety category; you do not need to create a video on each Walking Safety topic). You can enter your submission either by posting on TikTok/Instagram or sending it to us through email.
You can create an infomercial, a skit, a music video…anything! Have fun with it!
VIDEO CATEGORIES AND TOPICS:
- Driving Safety
- Cycling Safety
- Walking Safety
- This contest is open to all middle school & high school youth (grades 6-8 and grades 9-12) in Somerset County*, New Jersey, only.
- *Montgomery not included, as Montgomery falls outside of RideWise’s service area. For programs specific to Montgomery, please visit https://gmtma.org/
- Videos must be between 30-60 seconds long.
- If posting on TikTok or Instagram, RideWise must be tagged in the video or caption (TikTok: @ridewise. Instagram: @ridewisetma). The poster’s profile must also be public so RideWise can view the video. If you prefer not to post on social media, entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Video must cover one of the following categories (see Video Topics for more details):
- Driving safety (one middle school and one high school winner selected)
- Cycling safety (one middle school and one high school winner selected)
- Walking safety (one middle school and one high school winner selected)
- Entries can be submitted between September 1 and September 30.
- No foul language or inappropriate content will be permitted. Entries with foul language or inappropriate content will be automatically disqualified.