RideWise has created an online guide to help you find transportation options within Somerset County that meet your travel needs. Here you can view updates and changes to service as they are made. Changes to the digital copy of the guide will be made periodically. To view the guide, click here.
NOVEMBER 14, 2019 – Raritan Valley Line Direct Service to New York Returns on Off-Peak Trains.
On Monday, November 4, Raritan Valley Line (RVL) direct service to New York resumed for off-peak trains. New York direct service was temporarily suspended in September 2018 as NJ TRANSIT continued the installation of Positive Train Control equipment on its rail fleet.
Please note the following:
- All five midday one-seat RVL round-trips that operated prior to September 2018 will resume on November 4.
- Three of the four evening off-peak one-seat round-trip trains will resume.
- Connection times reduced and streamlined for late-evening trains.
- To give crews adequate time to inspect and prepare equipment for morning service, the final evening direct round trip – which had previously departed Raritan at 9:53 p.m. and departed New York at 12:08 a.m. – will not be restored at this time.
- The current 9:53 p.m. departure from Raritan will operate 16 minutes later, reducing the connecting time at Newark for New York-bound customers from 24 minutes to eight minutes.
- The 12:05 a.m. departure from New York (Train 3201) will connect with Train 5401 at Newark with a seven-minute connection time.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.